View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 10:14 AM

Default Re: Matching Guitar Sounds - Att: Benoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianiac5150 View Post
Benoni and others...am I completely missing the boat here?
My recording experience has been to take a great amp, put a mic in front of it - in the sweet spot - and record the sound of the amp. If done correctly, the last thing I want to do is put an EQ - of any kind - on this track.
This is how I would think/like the 11R to function, as well.
Too much to ask for?
Yeah, I understand what you are saying, and for your own tracks that might be fine. Not all of us are Def Leppard. But this thread was started up by someone who was looking to cop someone's else tone. And we have been discussing just that and how we might go about it. PEQ coming out as being the preferred option, which we don't got unfortunately.There was one person on the forum who is/was a huge fan of Angus Young and was willing to pay money if someone could replicate his tone with the 11R, can't remember of anyone collected the money offerred.

And I am a little surprised to say you don't use any EQ at all . Are you saying that you never adjust the Treble, Mids and bass on the amp controls when recording? To me adjusting those controls is like the primary port of call for EQ - isn't it. But then again, I could be wrong, it's been known to occur from time-to-time .