View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 05:28 PM

Default Re: Latency issues with Mac mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
The Apollo is not causing any issues, to put it bluntly, the "issues" here are just you needing to understand what is going on.

You don't need to use a different interface to test anything. All this *will* make sense if you work though what is going on. As Sardi points out, now that you have told us you are software monitoring though plugins... that plugin latency in Pro Tools is an obvious suspect... so what is the exact expected latency of the plugin(s) (at your sample rate,... the vendor should clearly document this). As I suggested before just measure what is going on... and see if it makes sense. You have a DAW in front of you that can measure delays to very high precision by recording the input and monitor return to another track.

If you don't need to use the very specific Pro Tools plugins then yes use a UAD plugin. But be careful, not all UAD plugins are low/no latency, you have to understand that, all well documented in the UAD software documentation.

Again, understand and calculate what delay is expected and measure. Then you will really know you have this understood.
Sorry for the misunderstanding, so I'm actually opening the session with no plugins. It's a blank session, and I'm still getting latency even at the lowest setting. It's small but noticeable. What I was saying is that the plugins I do use normally in my template I don't have for UAD, so I would need to monitor through PT, and not Console.

I don't get this issue with my 2014 1 tb ssd 16 gig memory laptop. I'm not sure what's going on or what I'm doing wrong.

I''ll read back about the test you mentioned. Would you mind explaining it further though? It was a lil confusing for me. Thanks, and thanks for the help!! Really appreciate it!

Last edited by lucidlife; 01-09-2020 at 06:09 PM.