View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Protools 12.XX performance optimization script and important tips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by athlon64 View Post
Because you are probably mixing at a 1024 buffer and in that case this is not very usefull. It's mostly a huge help when recording at a buffer of 64 for an example.
You should explain the situation better. Are you mixing or recording. What buffer are you using. Are you having CPU usage spikes or not?

Does the script work, have you checked that it disabled the usage of 2 cores in task manager?
Yes I am mixing at higher buffers (512) but to test your theory I just did as you suggested and pressed play to look at the meters. The cpu usage was very high with and without the suggested tweaks at 64 buffers.

I have not tried the script, I did everything manually. I will be happy to try the script and report back but in essence the script is the same thing as the manual process from what I gather.

To clarify, I was very excited about this because I hit the wall on system resources from time to time on a mix so this is in no way an effort to rain on your parade. This seems like a nice little free upgrade to my rig, I just wish I could take advantage of and maybe I can if I realize I made a mistake somewhere. I just unfortunately didn't have any noticeable gains as a result of trying it. I haven't seen anyone else report back who is trying this for the first time so am certainly hoping we get a few more people trying this and I can figure out if it is an issue on my end or a more broad situation.