View Single Post
Old 09-07-2006, 06:31 PM

Default Re: Intel Core2Duo ... anyone got one working yet?

Hey all, looks like lots of people thinking the same, I also have focused on the 965 Intel chip set boards, don't really need the 975 video power, 965 also supports PC6400 800 ram I think 975 stops at 667. I have the Asus board on my list, have you guys looked at new egg? There are lots of reviews on most of the available core 2 duo motherboards, the bios on these are still sort of green, you might want to read some of them, if you haven't. I will give you my best thoughts in an hour or two.

It looks like alot of you like either the E6400 or E6600, I am still keeping it open. I think you are all on track I would like to see these go

On the protools 7.0 upgrade question I am pretty sure after you pay for the 7.0 the 7.1 download is free. My new rack shipped with 6.9, we were automatical eligable for free up to 7.0 and how ever you get there, the roll up to 7.1 was available to all 7.0 owners no charge, It just checks for installed 7.0 and lets you download. Check out support downloads on their website,I don't want to speak for Digi but I'm pretty sure.
By the way your e6300 will be just fine with 7.0,its made for dual cores and its not a major update.

Maybe Three Asus / e6600's

Good to see doogz back, would not want you to miss this.

Its a long way to the top if you want To Rock and Roll, Bob