View Single Post
Old 06-23-2019, 12:45 PM

Default Re: ProTools price adjustments from July 1st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrekcor View Post
I think the instead whipping up fear everyone who has a perpetual lic is going to lose it..... something I have yet to hear or see Avid state but only imply these agreements will be kept as long as you keep your current subscription up to date. I just think what they are saying is they will not be offering this type of lic to future new users. They have also mention offering incentives for you to swap... so let’s not run away in fake news presidential style that ya perp lic is going to vanish or be taken away from you. Perhaps they just won’t offer update options.
Yes, and let's not forget there's a current promotion to upgrade a vanilla permanent license to an Ultimate permanent license. I suspect the day will eventually come when they'll stop offering support plans for permanent licenses, but it won't be for a while yet.

Also the information about re-instatements has been so contradictory and confusing, I honestly don't think they've even decided what to do about it.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM