View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015, 12:41 PM

Default Re: Control|24 and ProControl with Pro Tools 11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
This is largely why I just switched to Logic this week after 22 years with Digi/Avid. They absolutely could get the ProControl working with PT11 but they've purposefully left a gap between the two product so that you're pressured to abandon the ProControl. My company had 4 big ProControls with edit packs etc - a HELLUVA lot of money - and with this step from Avid we've said sayonara!

Now that we're using Logic, it was interesting to see that Logic X grabbed the Avid hardware (PCIe Accel and Avid HD|IO) via CoreAudio and began working without requiring me to lift a finger. Now get this: ater spending 20 minutes trying to get PT 11 to access the same interface (btw, if it's not already painfully obvious, these are both Avid products) I couldn't get ProTools to use their own product, though Apple's product could.

So the ProControl has been intentionally crippled (an effort to *force* me to buy a new controller) and my PCIe cards have been crippled (an effort to *force* me to buy new HDX cards). It's mind blowing guys and girls what this company will do to extract cash from your pockets.

Btw, it's been one of the most exciting weeks in recent memory because of Logic. Those of you frustrated with the ProControl issue, or PT11, or the hilariously feature absent PT12 "upgrade" or the future Avid has set in front of us should give it a try. We're lovin' it!
Curious what control surface you are planning to use with Logic.

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp