View Single Post
Old 06-01-2018, 01:13 PM

Default Waves Licensing question

The studio I work at has recently purchased a new Mac Pro to upgrade one of our older systems.

The old system is on OS 10.8.5, and I have some Waves plugins that have been installed on it since forever ago...

I want to deactivate my licenses, and be able to use them on the newer system. However, the Waves License Manager software hasn't worked in OS 10.8.5 for quite some time. Every time I try to log in, it just hangs for a minute or 2 and then doesn't log in.

About a year ago, I went through all kinds of trouble with Waves tech support on trying to get a new waves plugin on that old system. It turns out it would have forced an uninstall of all the older ones and we wouldn't be able to reinstall everything and I was told it was because my computer was on 10.8.5, etc. It created much hassle, so we just didn't use that plugin on this system. Anyways, the point being that I know for a fact that it doesn't let me log in because of the older OS.

I can't seem to deactivate any licenses when logged into my account on their website either. I put in a support request, but I am not trying to wait up to 24 hours for this, as I am here to install the new machine today (need to pull HD cards and put in new chassis, etc. SO it's either one system or the other).

Does anyone know how to disable my waves licenses on 10.8.5?