View Single Post
Old 07-24-2016, 09:35 PM

Default Re: Command-space bar not working

Quote:
12-09-2013 01:07 PM
oooanickel
Re: Command-space bar not working
Was having the same issue and found this thread. Opened my keyboard shortcut prefs to see if there was something weird going on. (Since accidental update to Mavericks, and I didn't really feel like blowing out all of my custom commands.) An additional menu option popped up for shortcuts - Inputs. command + space seems to have been selected as an option for cycling inputs in this weird menu I've never seen before. I unchecked that box, closed out of prefs and everything's fine now. I was going to reopen the pref window to post an image here, but miraculously that menu has disappeared. Very fishy.

^^^ YESSS!!! Thank you! This worked! I tried all the previous steps as well, but it still did not work until I went back to the System Prefs > Keyboard- Select "Input Sources" at the top and then at the bottom there is an option to select "Show Input menu in menu bar". Then click on the "Shortcuts" tab and in the mini window to the left, click on "input sources". There you will see the two options you will need to deselect. Once I did that, my Cmd Space bar to record worked again in Pro Tools!
Weird enough, after deselecting this option and going back to the shortcuts tab, it is GONE!

Either way, it works now! Thanks again