View Single Post
Old 07-29-2019, 01:28 PM

Default Re: NVMe upgrade for Mac Pro 4.1/5.1 Mojave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rballister View Post
As I have a Mac tower too I was wondering what sort of problem you are having with Mojave. My ProTools drive is already running as Mojave on an internal SSD. I use Superduper to back it up to on an external drive (bootable). My plan would be to just clone it back to the new NVMe drive if I go down this road (I'm presuming that's possible).
I am doing a fresh install of Mojave on one of the ssd drives, but it was not letting me update the firmware. I figured it out though. TURN OFF THE AVID PROGRAM. Days of banging my head against the wall and spewing expletives and that was the issue. I think I actually looked like my avatar.

Still can’t get Mojave to load onto the ssd drive, but I have High Sierra loading onto it as I type this. Hoping it will boot from the ssd drive and then I will update to Mojave. I will keep you all updated.
Retro 176 (pair), Pultec EQP-1A (pair), Germanium Comps (pair), BAE 10DC (pair), Distressor (pair), Manley Vari-Mu, Sta-Level, Zener, SSL Fusion, SSL FX G384, API 2500, LA2A, 1176, Bricasti, Massive Passive, Anamod ATS-1, Eventide H3500, TC 2290, Yamaha D5000, PCM92, PCM70... Amps, Amps & More Amps.