View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 05:22 AM

Default Re: Superior drummer 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by justus1900 View Post
DOWNLOAD PACKAGES.
The Superior Drummer 3 software and the full core sound library are delivered as downloads, available directly from the Toontrack Product Manager upon registration. At an additional cost, there is also an option of getting the full sound library pre-installed on a 256 GB solid-state drive (SSD).
The sound library is configured in six (6) convenient download packages.
1. “Software” (approx. 230 MB)
2. “Basic Sound Library” (approx. 40 GB)
3. “Room” (approx. 46 GB)
4. “Surround 1” (approx. 43 GB)
5. “Surround 2” (approx. 52 GB)
6. “Bleed” (approx. 54 GB)

CORE SOUND LIBRARY HARD DRIVE (OPTIONAL)
The full core sound library pre-installed on a 256 GB solid-state drive (SSD). No software, only sounds. A Superior Drummer 3 license is required.
$199 | €189 | 1 799 SEK
Help me to understand something. I've read and re-read the Toontrack site and am still confused. I'd be coming from having nothing from them. As I understand it the basic buy-in price would get me SD3 and all the sounds right? Further the $199 for the hard drive would take the burden off me having to download all the sounds but I'd still have to download the basic program (#1 in your listing)? Last question: since they don't expressly say what 'core library' contains can I assume it is items 2 through 6 in the above list?

Actually there's one more question: I know they say the drive is an ssd and I'm assuming it's an external one. What they don't say (or I can't find it) is what's the connection to the computer? Thunderbolt, USB3 or ?

QAPLA!