View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 06:29 AM

Default The installer could not write the receipt for "plug-in updates"

Hi,
I recently purchased an Academic MBox 2 Mini with Pro Tools LE 8. When I tried to install Pro Tools 8 on to my computer (I'm installing on to my hard drive, not another drive), I received an error message with about 10 minutes left of estimated install time saying "Install failed: The installer could not write the receipt for "plug-in updates."" I noticed a similar thread on this forum, but it didn't have any information that could help me. So far I've done a number of things:

-I've clean uninstalled and reinstalled the program a number of times, making sure to delete the DigiDesign folder in Preferences and Application Support.

-I've run "Repair Permissions" on DiskUtility

-I've tried installing just the application files for Pro Tools 8

-I've run software update

-Installed updated PACE software

I recently installed new RAM on my computer, but I don't think this would be the source of an issue like this, especially because I haven't encountered any problems with it so far. I also noticed that after the failed installation, there is a Digidesign folder in my "Applications" folder. I first thought that maybe the install worked and the receipt files errors were just something I could ignore, but I noticed my computer couldn't communicate with the MBox 2 Mini after the failed install even though "MBox 2" showed up in System Preferences. Additionally, the light on the MBox 2 Mini won't even turn on when plugged into my computer's USB port.

Does anyone know how I can fix this install error? It's been driving me insane! Also, is it normal for the light on the MBox 2 Mini to not turn on unless there has been a proper install? I'm guessing it might be, because the install cuts out with a lot left to go and that would probably include the correct software for the MBox 2 Mini, but I don't want to find out after working through this that I have a defective box.

My system specifications are:
MacBook (Mid-2007 Model), Mac OSX 10.5.6, 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

And my Pro Tools specs are:
MBox 2 Mini Academic with Pro Tools LE 8

Thanks for your help,
Dedelman2005