View Single Post
Old 09-16-2020, 10:28 AM

Default Re: legacy PACE License Support crashes Windows 10, couldn't install Pro Tools 11 (RE

Thanks for following/backing up.

In fact, even default ProTools plugins cause issues, so on my last attempt, I didn't even install any plugin other than the ones bundled with my Pro Tools 10 installer.

Here is the install processes I attempted:

- Using Pro Tools 10 setup.exe
Will install an old legacy iLok driver which comes bundled with ProTools, causing BSOD after asking to reboot
In this case, PACE License version is 2.2.1, we can see it from the folder inside Pro Tools installer:
Pro_Tools_10_3_10_Win_84130\Pro Tools\Pro Tools Installer\ISSetupPrerequisites\PACE License Support 2.2.1

- Installing the latest "License Support Win64.exe" from ilok.com & "Avid Pro Tools.msi" from ProTools 10.3.10 installer
Won't cause BSOD to start protools, but most plugins won't work, with permission errors, the exact message being (Window title: "Initialization Error") "User privileges insufficient to start a low level driver."

In this case, PACE version is not documented as far as I know, it's the latest one which comes from the ilok.com website, located in: \LicenseSupportInstallerWin64_v5.3.0_149bf8924e\Ol d Installers

And if you then install "InterLok Driver Setup Win64.exe" from "Old Installers" provided by iLok afterwards, then you're going back to system crash on boot.

Also note that I've disabled Windows antivirus entirely using Local Group Policy, to make sure it wasn't blocking anything.

At this point, I think we need to make iLok aware of the issue.
Anybody knows how to reach them? Couldn't find a contact form on their website, so I've attempted a tweet. https://twitter.com/UltimateByte/sta...86860273176577 I'm affraid they're non reponsive on social network.

Last edited by UltimateByte; 09-16-2020 at 10:47 AM.