View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 05:53 AM

Default Re: Unstable iMac Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
In my view this a type of generic "support" advice from people who really have no clue of the specific problem.

Boot from recovery partition, clean install of Mac OS, and a PT install, need not take more than a couple of hours. And then you'll have an answer if it's been effective or not. Then, of course there's plugins, but if you've stored the latest installer of them, it shouldn't be too long either, depending on the number. I think you're chances are VERY good that you'll be up and running with a smooth system in a few hours. And you'll be thinking; why didn't I do this before.

From this, I think there is no question; there's something basically screwed up on your system, and it's not just Protools. In my view, you don't have a choice.

(Added; I missed that you were talking about PT2018 and Mohave. If you have no special reason not to, I'd see this as a good opportunity to get with Catalina and the latest version of PT, which all reports I've seen is that it is a very stable and capable combination.)
Thank you. Gonna carve out the time to get this done and report back if Catalina and PT 2020.5 give me the reliability that I need!