View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 03:36 PM

Default Re: PT10 more stable PT9? ... or about the same?

I have to say my PT10HD is pretty stable on my Gateway PC with an M-Audio Audiophile 192 locked to an Apogee Mini-Me via SPDIF or without the Apogee.
I have problems with graphic freezes where the PT screen freezes like a crash but the audio plays on like normal then the graphics catche up to where it should be after about 5 seconds. Important not to start clicking around or at least remember where you clicked while this happens. The GUI commands still seem to be active even though the screen is dead. This could be a serious problem as you could imagine. There are several threads about this but I saw only one inquiry about the person's setup from Avid but no solutions yet. This is a specific PT10 issue. I'm not sure if it's on the mac as well.
I like the real time clip fades and the original file usage. You do have to make sure Interleaved File support is ticked off in the Sessions page.
It's a little embarrassing when a client is watching you edit while your screen freezes. They hear me count to 5 until it unfreezes
I'd say go to 10 if you use a PC for the clip levels and the reduced file list. Another important thing is the 32 bit file support as well as the plug-in compensation.