View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 08:00 AM

Default Re: HD Native on Core Cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezking View Post
The way I see it, there is no reason (other than financial/business reasons) why HD Native could not be made to run with everyone's existing core cards. I can't see Avid would do it... Unless that's the big announcement at AES - Pro Tools 8.x HD - choose between Native and TDM on a session by session basis? The rumours I'm hearing suggest that anything announced at AES will be software not hardware...

Discuss...!
HD Native... as said before... is not a replacement for TDM. It will never work in tandem, nor will it surpass. It will only ever be a starting point or an in-between for LE to HD. There's no point using a Native core next to a TDM core, because the next generation TDM core will be more powerful than it's native counterpart. Guaranteed. TDM will continue to have features and incentives beyond any native Pro Tools system, be it HD|N, LE or M-P. Look at Heat. They wouldn't have just released it along with new HD I/Os if they didn't intend to refresh their dedicated hardware.

The next line of TDM cards are coming soon, and they are going to blow away the current generation.

Aside from that... It's not a rumor that 8.5 will be released at AES. It's confirmed by Avid.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515