View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 03:18 PM

Default Re: is there any way to have Pro tools HD connected to Apollo 8p as a thunderbolt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
It all depends but there isn't really a one for all here, you need to look into what you use and what you need more than what you "want"
Thank you so much that was very informative! That's what I wanted to know exactly! Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantise View Post
I use PTHD with three Apollo's every day where the Apollo's act as front end preamps including all the Unison goodness. This is using a Native HD Thunderbolt i/face

Here is a link to a page on UA's site to get you started:
https://help.uaudio.com/hc/en-us/art...ools-HD-System

Best,
Thanks for the link! But I have no Avid HD interface, no PCIe nor native thunderbolt. I was wondering if it was possible to simply root mac directly to the apollo via thunder (using it as converter and interface and have the unison greatness as well). I was asking if buying a pro tools HD software alone can work with the apollo without the HD PCie or native thunderbolt or any HD avid interface/hardware (that normally goes with PTHD). ok, what I really wanted to do is to have the pro tools HD software advanced options, especially the surround sound mixing ability! Since pro tools (no HD) hasn't the surround option for mixing (which I need it).
In the link you shared, it seems that you need to have pro tools HD + The hardware. now I am confused lol! will it still be working if I had he software alone? right? without existing PTHD hardware...