View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 10:53 AM

Default Re: iZotope RX7 officially announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
Well, I have it. First off the mark, go me. Not up on the website yet, but if you've bought or upgraded, it should be in the Product Portal.

My first impression is for post work it's not quite as big a leap as the past few. Dialogue Contour is - as is so often the case - a mixed bag. Sometimes it was seamless and brilliant, other times glitchy or unconvincing. A quick trial of Music Rebalance was interesting - it has 4 groups, voice, bass, percussion and other. While it wasn't up to a clean acapella or background (the expected watery artefacts and bleed throughs), it was helpful for more subtle changes, in much the way I've found dialogue isolate. Genius often at 5db, a mess at 20db. The Repair Assistant I'm not sure is all that useful, it takes its time (much like in Neutron) and then you can further tweak from its suggestion. By and large I think I'll carry on the old fashioned way as it'll likely be quicker if you know your way around.

The manual says performance and preview adjustments to the algorithms have been made, but only in Dialogue Isolate and De Rustle. Thus far I've been playing with the new goodies, but I'll be putting it through its paces on a real job pretty much immediately.

EDIT - meant to say, Insight 2 is there too. That looks like a big update, a major UI refresh and new features. I'll be checking that out too.

EDIT 2 - For post, so far the most impressive thing has been Dialogue De-Reverb. That really sounded impressive on a very tricky sync source I had lying around, of speech in a shipping container. It has a "preserve ambience" feature that helps. So it really tamed the space without masses of pumping or water, or indeed pumping water. And it's magic in as much that there's no learn for the settings, it just figures it out. It was heaps better than Unveil.
Did you get Advanced or vanilla? And if vanilla what's new in it?

QAPLA!