View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 07:08 AM

Default Re: iZotope RX7 officially announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaynedelario View Post
Hey Guy. Where did you see the thing about surround workflows? I have been waiting for that feature since RX3! I’m on RX5 now and have the offer to buy 6 as a path to 7, but why would I buy it if they won’t plainly tell us what the new features are????

I work in film music so every file I deal with on a dub is interleaved surround. I don’t use RX anymore because it’s a massive PITA. Really hoping this feature is coming.
Here's a 100% bone fide iZotope source. Details still sketchy, but there's some stuff here - https://www.izotope.com/en/lp/rx-7-p...+RX6ADV+RX6STD

Quote:
✓ Automatically remove noise, clipping, clicks, and more
✓ Reshape the intonation of dialogue to rescue or improve a performance
✓ Remix vocals, bass, and percussion
✓ Isolate or even remove vocals from a stereo mix
✓ Tackle audio issues that appear with multichannel support up to Dolby Atmos 7.1.2

..and much more!
I'm hoping that the "much more" bit isn't entirely hyperbole, even if its only algorithm advances for Dialogue Isolate, De-Wind, De-Bleed etc. Great features but can be hit an miss... any improvement of the hit rate would be grabbed with both arms.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM