View Single Post
Old 08-20-2017, 04:32 AM

Default Re: S3L or Allen Heath DLive? No iOS app for S3L?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko View Post
2,5 years ago I almost purchased an S3L for the purpose of touring with a couple of bands. I decided to pull out from touring and I focused on studio mixing and family. Now the kids are becoming bigger I could get back to touring with bands.

In 2014 I spent 3 months with about 30 shows done on S3L. I enjoyed virtual sound check, very easy to use snapshot system for songs or even parts of songs. But today I think of going different route. S3L is still missing iPad application for individual control of monitor mixes. Therefore I've been thinking of Allen&Heath DLive which is in similar price range but offers more remote control capabilities.

Unless Avid are planning to finally release some amazing iOS solutions for S3L...

Are they?
interesting topic, as the Allen Heath consoles seem to offer a lot. Been thinking about this as well, not just for me but also when giving advice..
because at this price point of the S3L-X, A&H Dlive/ S-Class seem to offer a lot more...... Inputs en buss structure.

just a couple of questions, you might know?
  • one of the nice things of venue is the Preview within the snapshots structure, does it exist in A&H Dlive or S-class?
  • How do they handle aux sends to monitors, is it possible to have different pick offs per channel per aux?
    (For example) Like Ch 1, Aux 1 Post EQ Pre Comp. and Ch 2 Aux 1 Pre EQ, Pre Comp?
  • Is there a way to build an events like in venue:

Trigger:
    Ch 1, Fader Below, -90.0 dB
    Actions:
    Mute Ch 1, on, While Active
    Mute Ch 49, on, While Active
  • Is there a way for matrix pick-offs points for groups and auxes per to be individual per matrix or are they like in venue global ?
  • When a snapshot is stored, and the scope of the snapshot is altered, should you store it again to confirm the change of the scope Like on Midas Pro consoles ?
  • Drag and drop scenes to it's place?
  • VCA Virtual faders visible in software overview?
  • Are Channel hardware safes stored in show file, or global, console wide.
    Like the Midas Pro ....)

As you see I did make a mistake of choosing A Midas Pro console over a Venue Console because the 'rave' about these consoles. but it turn out not to be the best choose