View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 11:18 AM

Default Re: AVID Must DO Something for AAX DSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaynes View Post
maybe I am all by myself on this, but waves has done great job with making their native plugins very efficient- I would love to see them as AAX DSP, but at present, they do pretty well-

I think we are forgetting that lots of serious developers are not on AAX/DSP as well- Sonnox, Sound Toys, Eventide, GRM.... most of the plugins I rely on are AAX or RTAS native only.... so to single out Waves is sort of weird to me....
Waves is being singled out because it is one of the only ones that have clearly said they would not support AAX dsp in the future. Forget about the interview you saw at namm, they have released a statement on their site and through emails that there will be no dsp plugins for aax.

Sonnox on the other hand have commited to aax dsp.
http://www.sonnoxplugins.com/pub/plu.../AAX_faq.htm#1

Even thoguh I signed the petition as an owner of mucury bundles, I still know that the likelihood of them changing their minds is in the order of a .something % number as in 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 %. Best you do like a lot of us, keep what you have as it is and move forward with HDX as a non upgrade, or don't upgrade until you are really ready to or forced to by either clients or your own hardware failing. And beside there is enough plugins out in the aax format even in dsp to work. And if you can't then you should reconsider for a new career

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts View Post
And Avid is buying Waves.
Solved!
Any my cat has wings

Wave-T.com