View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Authorizing PT 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpf999 View Post
Hey There, i just bought a used Digi 002 & he threw in the disks for Pro Tools 's 8 because just recently input # 1, XLR TRS input on the back of Mbox had gone south ..i was using my original Mbox and have been running PT 7.4 Le with a Mac PP G5 2.3 ghz/4 grand of ram with a functioning iLok..i know,i know believe me! don't laugh I'm a recovering musician with teenagers! so installed the Pro Tools 8M powered ,install went fine, plenty of room in HD but when i launch the newly installed 8 I have to try to authorize, it isn't on the ilok he threw & in so I'm instructed to insert the authorization card or answer the challenge question, neither of witch i was given when i bought the 002 and PT 8..i can't open iLok manager either with my old browser or something (although it allowed me to buy it just fine!) so i can't see what licenses are on the PT8 iLok) is there any Legacy up grade available for purchase so i can use my new used 002 rack with Pro Tools 8? i bought 7 and all the producer-musician bundles and registered them and have a Digi-avid acct. thank you for any & all info ,so brain dead with all the junk going on !-jpf999
Wow, this is a hot mess...
It's an 002. No wait, it's an 002R! No no, it's an MBox? Pick a lane.

The discs are for PT8. Hold on, PT 8 MP! If it's MP, that wouldn't work for an 002, 002R or an MBox even if you could provide the credentials, so I wouldn't worry about the whole authorization issue.

You should be able to make the interface (any of the ones you mention) work with 7.4 LE. Go with that. Or, if you're dead set on the wonders of PT 8 LE, try the usual "pre-owned" sources - DUC Buy and Sell, Fleabay, Craig's Crap, etc. The interface acts as the dongle for LE, so what you're really buying is the activation code which will be DIGI0008-XXXX, and I believe it'll have to be officially transferred through Avid to you by the seller (not positive about that last part).

I hope this helps with your bid to regain sanity. Just keep reminding yourself that while they may think you're a moron now, your teens will come to understand your brilliance within a month of their turning 21.

Word.