View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 06:08 PM

Default Meters showing inaudible sound when record enabling input 1 on the mbox 2 mini

If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated. I have dredged the internet as well as these forums for a solution and have not even found a thread that closely resembles my problem.
First off I'm "currently" running Reaper X64 in Windows 7 and before I was running Pro Tools 8.04 le. About a month ago everything was working fine in Pro Tools until one day I had to restart my computer. The next session I tried to record on when I enabled the track the meter showed a constant noise all the way to the yellow and does not fluctuate. It is almost as if there was a high pitch wine at a constant db level or something on that track. I disconnected everything from the mbox except the usb and it still showed the noise. So I thought it must have been the preferences or the driver needed to be reinstalled. So I trashed those and reinstalled the drivers and nothing. Then I noticed that if I tried to record out of input 2 everything is fine. The meter only shows up when I record enable any track's source that is set for input 1. The weird thing is that the noise can not be heard. I don't hear any interference, high pitch wine, no static or even white noise. Even when I record a guitar on the track the guitar track can be heard but whatever the meter is recognizing is inaudible. This is when I switched from Pro Tools to Reaper was because I thought it might have been Pro Tools and the Mbox is demonstrating the same problem. I have tried changing what usb port I was using and I tried reinstalling the drivers, but all with no luck. I'm pretty computer savvy and do know how to search the forums but I just didn't quite know how to label what problem I have been experiencing so I apologize if this problem has it's own thread because I could not find one.

Thanks,
Justin