View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 11:38 AM

Default Re: Do I need to buy BFD2 or BFD2 upgrade if I have BFD ECO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
I think Plugin Alliance has the best auth system out now. You can auth a computer and/or a regular USB flash drive. You can deactivate a computer anytime and the auth will be automatically added back to your account, so no need to email and ask for a reset. You have 3 auths Forever! You can activate your studio computer, laptop, and a USB stick all at the same time, making it easy to use the software you paid for wherever you want.

You have easy online and offline activation, and when using a USB stick, its compatible with your Wave auths as well.

I wish all manufacturers would move to this platform. Forget having to spend money on an overpriced flash drive (iLok) and just use a regular flash drive and have the option to authorize certain computers at the same time. Your auth'ed computer crashes? NO PROBLEM, go online to your account, de-activate the computer. and you have that auth right back in your account. No ZDT to pay, no shipping in a flash drive filled with ALL your auth's, no fees, no wait, no worry. Its like an iLok without all the restrictions, pumped up fees, and unfriendly terms.
I'll take another look at Plug-in Alliance, the addition of the USB stick is a great improvement for them. It's just that the last time I looked there were no DSP plug-ins. Perhaps that is changing?

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com