View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 04:23 PM

Default Re: Dual record / playback buffers - always on or do they need to be selected in pref

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeloop View Post
Darryl, your thoughts that I should stop telling myself to expect astounding performance from the system are a bit extreme, given that I have run into these issues with just a basic five-track test project!....
That is not what I said at all. What I said was your system is basically poorly setup. And that is just based on a few questions--given that I also expect more things to be wrong. Pro Tools is much more fussy to setup issues than Logic Pro, so not an uncommon thing for Logic Pro users to struggle with. And knowing what Logic Pro delivers on the same system is helpful but insufficient. It just mostly highlights the issue as improper setup/optimization for Pro Tools.

You have a lot to do to pick through all this and get your system set up correctly. You seemed to be using the belief that you have a fast system to glibly skip over several misconfiguration issues (things you have setup up contrary to recommendations/instructions). You need start by getting *everything* set up 100% correctly.

Come back here and tell us what happened when you have the system fully optimized, and have sessions running off an external audio-spec HDD or SSD. if you are then still having problems, you'll need to do some basic plugin troubleshooting.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 12-26-2013 at 07:48 PM.