View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 02:56 PM

Default Re: What are Handles . and how would I use them.

I thought I was still in PT9 discussion... in PT 10 you can also use Audio Suite handles, which acts the same as I mentioned above (allowing you to extend the audio clip before or after your selection).

However with PT 10 Plugin Handles you can now decide how much of the selection you want to "process" with the audio plug-in before and after your selection.

So for instance... you are once again working with a session that a video editor has cut a bunch of clips into one long sequence. The audio engineer can "process" an effect such as EQ, Reverb, or whatever and tell the plug in how long before and after the selection to process the audio file. So say you ad 5 seconds of "handles" in your plugin and then the video editor is told by the director he wants a specific clip to last 3 seconds longer before cutting to the next video clip... with audio suite handles you will be able to extend the audio file already processed that extra 3 seconds so you dont have to revert or bring the original file back in and then reprocess it.... you simply extend the file and its already done.