View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 01:14 PM

Default My PT rig just stopped working..

Hi!

Yesterday everything was fine between me, Pro Tools HD 10 and my Avid HD I/O. Today something happened without me knowing what and now I can not see "HD Native" as my Playback Engine. Pro Tools works fine, but not through my HD I/O. I saw today before this happened, then using Core Audio Driver (to run some music right from my MacPro to HD Native) that the ext red light to the left on the front of the I/O was blinking and I think the the mid green was not lid. After a while I shut it all down.

After a break I came back and started the Mac but then there were no reaction on the I/O when starting PT, it seems that they had no connection whatsoever..

I checked cables and opened up the Mac to check the Native Card, everything seems ok (and no one have stepped on the DL mini cable.. (what I can see anyhow)

When trying to start PT with some older ptx files a message came up saying something that "the audio clock are wrong and that I should check the sample rate" (the blinking red light seems according to the manual indicate that the HD I/O is using ext clock? But I have always used the internal, I think anyhow.

Yesterday I worked a bit with Fussmeasures Pro 3, Rew and did some measurements with ARC (from NI) - all measurements tools for working with my acoustics (no PT but Core Audio, ARC then worked as a plug in
in PT. All this worked fine but I did not do that much after this.. but during yesterday the red light (ext) was blinking the whole time.

When trying the DigiTest today it quit (chrasched) unexpectedly several times and will not open. I also updated PT to HD 10.3.3 hoping this would help, but no. Same problem and also the DigiTest failed.

I will for sure post this to support later, but because its Holiday I thought I might bumb into someone here that can save my day.. I might have forgot some important info here, but send this for now.

Sorry for the long post! Have to get my english better also.

Best regards,
/JCDC, Sweden