View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 07:04 AM

Default Re: Digi 003 Rack Firmware Update Clarification

Just wanted to say thanks again for the responses. My buddy took advantage of his period of free tech support from Digi and called them up with the Sandra. Turns out there were some issues with his previous chipset. The Digi guy said he was shocked ProTools had worked at all the time prior to him getting the 003. Again, he had my old Mbox 1 prior to the 003, so... I dunno.

I never did see the report or find out what the issue was exactly, but he ended up buying a whole new motherboard/CPU and Vista. He also returned the Firewire cards he bought, went to Guitar Center and got one of the Digi approved SIIG cards I think it's called.

Anyway, all is well so far. Installation went smooth. Pulled up old sessions and created a couple new ones. No issues at all. I've stuck with XP because, well because things are solid, and I'm afraid to change anything, especially the OS. I was cringing, expecting issues with Vista, but none materialized during our 1 and half hour testing the system.
Win7 64 Ultimate - Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz - Gigabyte EX58-UD3R - OCZ Gold 6GB - Radeon X550 256MB Video Card - 750GB Caviar Black System, 500GB Hitachi SATA Sample, and 750GB Caviar Black Audio - 500GB Caviar Blue Backup - Pro Tools 8.0.4 LE - Signature Series Digi 002R