View Single Post
Old 11-25-2002, 12:05 AM

Default Re: How do i reinstall a demo after the time runs out?

The simple answer was: Buy another computer! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
The right answer was from fprod south "Try writing(e-mail or calling) to the company"
When I first tried the Waves demo I had a problem making it work and then life intervened and I never got to use it before the 2 weeks were up. When I called(just to find out how to remove it) they were very nice and offered to give me another round. I had trouble downloading the KOL Realverb 1 week demo and when I called they set me up with a 2 week demo. Most of these companies are more than happy to let you demo their products, it's the easiest way to make a sale. Just don't abuse it and it'll stay that way. I now own Realverb and will buy Waves as soon as I upgrade my computer.As far as pirating goes, real pirates will never buy and will aways find a way. Serious users will eventually get the money and buy so they can have tech support and updates. So anti-piracy software is kind of moot, often penalizing and creating problems for the buyers while having little or no effect on the problem piraters.
80 G Seagate internal HD
60 G IBM Deskstar internal HD
40 G Buslink (Seagate)FW ext.HD