View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 09:36 AM

Default Re: MIDI editing question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenewexhibit View Post
Hello! I had a question about MIDI editing. I am basically un-quantizing the midi notes to have a little more of a human feel, and as a result, there are gaps in the midi. I know I can go to note duration to fill these gaps, and this works really great if all the notes are the same note, but the problem is that the last notes of the midi before a new note change get extended past the range and overlaps into the start of the note change.

What I'm basically asking is is there a command that fills the gaps in midi until the start of the next note regardless of pitch?
If I'm correctly understanding your question, then you can do the following:
In the track's real-time MIDI properties (which you can get to by control-clicking the track and selecting it from the context menu, or by exposing it in the track header - but the track header version doesn't always offer as many of the parameters), enable the "Duration" option, and set its mode to "legato/gap." You can then specify how much time (in beats / ticks) should be in between the end of one note and the beginning of the next.
See if that does what you're trying to do.