View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 07:50 AM

Default Re: Lost my mojo.....dang mojo grief....

The way I see it, Ebay prices for an analog MOJO are quite low, US$300-320 right now. That's not a lot of money and maintains the performance you already have.

If you've got a spare machine for video:

1. Upgrade to Avid with video satellite: buy a satellite link $US749, upgrade MC (unless you already have MC3.1.2 at least) US$395, and stick on the lowest cost MOJO available, US$320. Takes any SD/HD material, outputs to SD monitor, with MOJO frame edge alignment is always maintained with NTSC/PAL reference but HD reference not possible. Actually the MOJO is optional but I wouldn't recommend software only video playback, the image quality suffers and who knows what sync consistency is like. You can upgrade the video hardware later if you have "spare cash". Total ~ US$1500.

2. Buy Video Satellite LE: Software enabler US$250, MBox micro system US$279 (if you can find one!), Blackmagic Decklink US$295, Sync HD US$2095. You can exclude SyncHD if you don't need guaranteed frame edge alignment. Total without SyncHD ~ US$825, with SyncHD ~ US$2925. This gives SD and HD playback, Quicktime and Avid media.

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread...tellite+option
a relatively complete list of video options