View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 08:41 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools HDX useless?!?!?! major RAM usage problems 32bit

I feel your pain…. I'm dying here with some of my big sessions.

Once I've had a session open for an hour or so, the biggest issues for me are duplicating plugins causes PT to stop responding, and also the zoom issue as you mentioned… Also, forget about bouncing to quicktime mov file - crashes every time.

I frequently get "memory critically low" errors right after opening sessions..

It's a bit of a joke right now - I rebooted my system 20+ times the other day just trying to get through mix passes on this one particular session.

It's almost embarrassing that we've all spent so much money on such a tragically unstable platform…. and the best thing is we'll all have to fork out more $$$ for PT11 just to fix all of this!!

This is where Avid are all about the $$$… What they SHOULD have done is release HDX / HD I/O's and 64-bit software at the SAME time. That way, everyone could have moved from one fully-functioning platform straight to another. I wish I had been informed of how crippled HDX would be when I traded my HD3 rig… I would have waited a year (or 2!) til it was a fully-working 64-bit system with a decent amount of AAX-DSP plugins available.

The LEAST Avid can do is offer PT11HD as a free upgrade to existing HDX users as a "thank you" for putting up with this garbage.