Thread: VEPro questions
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 02:43 PM

Default VEPro questions

Yes I know - yet another VEPro questions thread. I've done some searching and am a bit confused. Here they go:
If using VEPro on one computer you need their dongle - I get that. My confusion here is when using a master & slave computer setup. Do I need to install the VEPro s/w on the slave computer as well (I imagine I would)? The other question here is from what I've read the dongle now gets moved to the slave computer - right? Or do I need two dongles?

Other than having a server started on both machines do I need to do anything further on the slave except for maybe some network setup? Second question - if I insert a vi into the PT-hosted server do I control (like select patches, etc.) said vi from the master or slave? It seems like it would be controlled from the master but I want to be sure.

The reason I'm asking all this is my wife is pushing for me to get my iMac fixed (it apparently has a fried video card) to work alongside the mid 2012 MacPro I got to replace it. Space is a problem as I don't have the room to have them side-by-side but could have them facing 180 away from each other (back of iMac almost against the side of the cheesegrater). Don't necessarily want to get into screen sharing if I can help it.

QAPLA!