View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 09:51 PM

Default Re: Creative Collections Install Error

I figured it all out. One, the 8.0.3 Installer I downloaded from the Digi website unzipped with nothing in the Xpand2, Boom, etc folders so Digi sent me link to download Digidelivery so I could download a new 8.0.3 installer. Digidelivery failed downloading the 8.0.3 installer twice however I found out my wireless internet was the issue since when I hooked it up directly to the router it downloaded the 8.0.3 installer with no issues. So I...

1. Deleted PT LE 8.0 and all its preferences (probably didn't have to but clean reinstalls seem to work best for me), restarted.
2. Reinstalled PT LE 8.0, restarted.
3. Unzipped the NEW 8.0.3 installer folder to my desktop for easy access
4. Ran the 8.0.3 installer (make sure you have actual files in your Xpand2, Boom, etc creative collection folders otherwise might be a corrupt file).
5. Opened up PT LE 8 and just had to link the plugin with where the creative collections files were at and I was good to go.
(tip: I created a new folder called Creative Collections in C/Programs (x86)/Digidesign/ProTools for easy access to link)

I got the -2147213312 error after reinstalling 8.0 like before however doing the above I was still able to update and get the 8.0.3 "perks" I couldn't before. I noticed I didn't have a Creative Collections folder that downloaded in my Pro Tools folder like my friend however, I just created a new folder and placed the files there. Not sure why I get that error message however it doesn't seem to affect anything I do with Pro Tools... yet.

As a side note, I have windows 7 64-bit and going by my earlier "windows 7 64-bit temp fix" thread in the forum if you have W7 64-bit and have issues with it don't plug in your Mbox2 mini until you run the 8.0.3 Installer. I've now reinstalled PT LE three times and still have no issues up to 8.0.3cs1 like a lot are right now.