View Single Post
Old 07-06-2020, 11:44 PM

Default Re: midi set up thru USB-records midi but no sound-plz help

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Some of what I'm writing is the same as what others have said here and some is new.

A lot of your confusion could have been saved by actually reading the manual for the Korg. It does NOT do audio over MIDI that I can see. You need to run audio cables from the Korg to your audio interface. What you're doing now is recording into PT the MIDI the Korg sends out but no audio. If that's all you want from the Korg then you don't need to do anything in PT to recognize it. If you want to use controls on the Korg to control sounds from a vi then yes you need to set things up in PT.

Some of the other confusion is something that was brought up and that's the terminology you're using. What do you mean by 'real hardware' and 'real players'?

If you're gonna be a smart ass, don't bother ever answering any of my questions.

Really are you that ignorant? Or just a fantasy musician jerk who hasn't made it, and feels good trying to knock other people?

I was stating a SIMPLE FACT that I record without using midi 99% of the time when using great REAL INSTRUMENTS, not plugin synths etc... And NO i'm NOT knocking plugins! They have there place as tools.

And REAL HARDWARE as opposed to plugins, meaning when I record LIVE I use great REAL HARDWARE to plug into and NOT use or worry about MIDI.

REAL PLAYERS who actually play with their hands LIVE while they record, they don't rely on midi and cheating by moving midi notes to a grid and also copying n pasting sections then believing they're a real musician.

I don't need your bad attitude if I read the korg manual. I once achieved recording midi and hearing it with my prophet 6 using a MIO connect.

No one has to bother helping me. I figure this out on my own. Thanks