View Single Post
Old 08-30-2004, 08:15 PM

Default Re: DigiCS - v6.4.1cs1 Possibility?

Quote:
Bounce to top. I see DigiTechSupt and DC chiming in on other threads, which is great...but how about this one?
Well, ok....<g>

We only just released 6.4.1. It's important that we wait a bit to see if there are patterns in customer feedback in order to determine what few bugs we can address. Although I appreciate the fact that you want all those bugs fixed that you reported, we have to be careful to pick and choose what bugs end up in a "cs" version. CS versions are not fully tested in the same manner as standard releases (read the disclaimer/warning in the cs download "read me's"). We can't devote the resources to give each cs version a full "regression" without having a serious impact on testing for other releases.

CS releases are in response to urgent customer complaints. If there's an annoying bug which has been in Pro Tools for a number of years, but has had few complaints, chances are there won't be a cs fix for it (I'm sorry to say that the "-" key toggle probably falls into that category).

With that said, we can't just fix any bugs we choose. Checking in an "invasive" fix could easily break something else - and with the limited testing, we probably would not find out the error until we heard it from a customer.

NOW - that being said (again), Pro Tools 6.4.1 has slightly different criteria for what makes it into a cs release - because it is the last MIX release ever. But bug fixes for 6.4.1 still have to be non-invasive, and not too plentiful - the more fixes go in, the more chances there are for breaking something in the process.

I don't know when the first cs release for 6.4.1 will happen, but I'd say it's a good bet that there will be one.

Danny Caccavo
Digidesign