View Single Post
Old 12-02-2015, 08:00 AM

Default Re: Avid plugins out of date

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
Some of what you're trying to install are plugins that used to be sold separately or came with Factory bundles, but are now included as standard as stock plugins in Protools. This includes Maxim, Rectifi, Varifi, Scifi, Lo-fi, Autopan, Intune, Mastermeter, Sansamp, and maybe some others. Basically all the plugins you mentioned other than BF3A are standard stock plugins now.

So part of the problem is that Protools is seeing these old plugins and trying to install the newer versions that come standard in Protools.

I would suggest that you do a complete uninstall of your old Protools, and also delete (trash all the individual Avid plugins you have). Then start over, after installing the new Protools, see what's left that's not included but that you have licenses for, and then download and install the latest version of those.

If 12.3.1 was already installed .....,

Q - Would it be possible to just delete "all" AVID Plugins from the AAX Folder, and just perform another 12.3 install (ie; over top of the existing 12.3 install) ? ...,
I am guessing this 2nd install would only update/install the AAX folder with the latest AVID plugins ?

I am asking this because if my question raised "was possible"

..., then the OP would not have to go to the pain of reinstalling all your other NON-Avid plugins all over again - as they would still be remaining in the AAX folder.
Pro Tools 2021.6.0 Native * Slate Raven MTi-1 Version 3.9.1 * AVID MBox3 Pro * OSX Mojave 10.14.6 * MAC PRO (late 2013) * 3.0 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon E5 * 64 GB Ram 1866 MHz DDR * AMD FirePro D700 6GB * Lacie LBD 1TB Thunderbolt 2 PCiE * Blackmagic Multidock Thunderbolt2 * Samsung SSD's 850 Pro * WD Black HDD's