View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 10:19 AM

Default PT11 crashes and is horribly slow

Thanks for the Sandra report! But can you try answering all the asked questions, having all those answers may have already helped find a fix.

I am not following the comments about Pro Tools crashing etc, if the interface can't be used it can't be used and that problem needs to be clearly fixed. Or were those other problems when using a different interface, say the laptops built in audio device? I just want to make sure what all the problems are that problems are that need to be solved.

In addition to the previously unanswered questions (including what exact driver version you installed) does the Focusright work with anything else, e.g. can you play say Windows systems sounds through it, (then change back so Pro Tools has exclusive use of the device). Make sure no other applications or the Windows system is trying to use the device while Pro Tools is.

Do you have an external drive that was not connected when you ran this report? The Sandra report lists only one internal SSD, and although that may work, for best reliability you should still have a dedicated audio/session drive (either internal or external, if external ideally a USB 3 SSD if your laptop has USB3).

This laptop also only has Intel integrated graphics, a discrete graphics processor is recommended for use with Pro Tools.

Neither of these issues will be causing the "cannot initialize" issue with the interface. But even When you do solve that your system is under-spec and you may run into other problems because of that.

The initialize error is more likely a Focusrite related problem than a Pro Tools problem. Which is why we need to know exactly what driver you installed, wether you have tested the interface with something besides Pro a tools, and fir you to check nothing else is trying to use the interface when a Pro a tools is trying to. You could also try contacting Focusright support or I expect the wonderful Katherine from Focusright will be along here soon to help you out"

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 01-18-2014 at 11:27 AM.