View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 07:22 AM

Default Re: Plug-ins Not Recognized On /a New Track

I think you're correct JFreak..I mean, I can have my guitar & headphones plugged into my Mbox3 and I can hear the guitar even without having ProTools opened up.
I spent some time yesterday trying to really flesh out the issue. I'm just getting back into having the studio up and running so I've sort of become a newbie again.. I hate when life gets in the way!
So, I have an established session on which are many plug-ins.. I can change patches to any of them, and I can hear the changes through my headphones when I play the session.
Now, I record enable a track, any track, and I can no longer hear any patch changes to the plug-in on the record enabled track. I can record to the enabled track. I can see the signal in the meter. It will record.
I think I need a link to setting up the links. It seems the plug-in path isn't right.
I've gone to the I/O settings and hit the default button.
I did the same in the Settings of the Mbox3.
I have a Lenovo lap top that has 2 USB2 connections and 1 USB3, which I haven't utilized. I've got the Mbox3 connected directly to the computer, and everything else on a hub to the other USB2.
I use a ICON Qcon Pro X control surface.
I've searched quite a bit for a video that would lend some insight about Protools 18.4 software set ups.. Maybe that's what I need most. I just haven't found it yet.
All worked well till I had to break down the rig, which stayed broken down for about a year and a half.. So now, I can't wait to have it working once again..
Thank you for reading this..