View Single Post
Old 12-23-2018, 05:27 PM

Default Re: C24/D-series upgrade from ProControl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Just one opinion, but I would try to wait a bit and see if something new comes out in the new year. Given the age of the out-going stuff, I suspect(and hope) that Avid have some new stuff in development. Opinions vary, but I spent an hour with the S6 when it was newly released(local GC had a demo unit) and I hated it, compared to the D-Command/D-Control(and never spent any time on the Pro Control). I like the S3 a lot(even better combined with the DOCK) except for the pricing(used pricing makes that much more agreeable) I can't believe that with Artist Series going away and EOL on D and C surfaces, that we won't see something pretty soon

It seems like they have all their bases covered regarding control surfaces? The Artist Mix is still in production, I think? The Dock covers a large chunk of the functionality of the Artist Control and Transport. S3 seems like a somewhat suitable EUCON replacement to the C24. And the M10 and M40 cover the D Command and D Control. It would be nice to see something new, but there appears to be options currently available in all price brackets?
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.