View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 02:18 PM

Default Re: MBox Pro 3rd Generation Computer Question, Custom built or Dell?

Yeah I really wanted (at first) to buy the Creation Station from Sweetwater, but the specs are kind of weak compared to the other two. Then I found the one from ADK Pro Audio with the newest i7 Sandy Bridge 2600 processor. The problem with the one from Sweetwater is it has a 1st generation i5 processor with only 4 GB of DDR3 ram, an intergrated video card and audio card, and USB 2.0. It is basically buying old technology for the price of new technology. Customer service after the sale isn't all that big of a deal on PC, because I have never had to call for technical assistance, because I can usually figure out whats going on myself no matter how big or small the problem. It is hard to decide on which one though. I really like the Dell's specs and the amount of Ram and the new 2nd gen i7 processor, but I don't want to deal with crappy performance issues. The Dell I have now works flawlessly with my MBox 2. The ADK pro audio has good specs too, but it is almost $500 more than the Dell, and only has 4 GB Ram. I will spend the extra money to get the best system if I have to, but I would rather be buying more studio equip with the extra money save (microphones, headphones, cables, etc.) Is the Sweetwater creation station still better, even though it has older technology (1st gen. i5) and 4 GB Ram?