View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 8.0.3 Instrument Track not playing MIDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by meech View Post
Likely it's a reassignment to a different midi channel like Ramtitam says. Right click the "I A-E" text at the top of the mix window, select the instrument view, and check what channel the midi is assigned to. This happens to me all the time (apparently an update has fixed it). Occasionally an instrument track reassigns itself when inactive, and starts sending it's midi to a completely different instrument track while I'm working on it! That can be a real pain, because I have to look through every instrument track to check if it's the culprit. Good luck
Indeed this was the problem...and, of course, the solution. When I opened up the Instrument view in the mixer view (this is also available in the edit view BTW), I could see that the Instrument/MIDI channel assignment was greyed out/inactive. I had to reassign it, which made it active again. Everything's fine now. Interestingly, I had a dedicated MIDI track that was sending MIDI to a separate channel on one of these problem Instrument tracks, and it never had a problem with a MIDI assignment becoming inactive.

From the comments on other posts here, looks like this bug has been resolved in versions after 8.0.3. Hope this helps anyone that is still choosing to live life in the past with me.

Thanks everyone for the input.

OD