View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 07:15 PM

Default Using EasuUS to recover deleted files

I posted this in Dave's (Albee) thread about recovering his lost files, but it may have gotten lost in the many comments. But, I do need some advice on this, so I'll repost in this separate thread.

So is EaseUS a good option to recover lost files? I recently deleted some files by accident and didn't realize I had done so until AFTER I had also emptied the trash bin. I was deleting a bunch of old sessions I didn't need anymore for any reason but didn't realize that these other sessions were all in a subfolder of the one I deleted. I had thought this folder was separate. And no, its not on my backup, because I never backup the folder I wanted to delete because, well, I wasn't planning on keeping it anyway! So, just today I was looking at EaseUS just today. I downloaded the trial version to see if it could locate my missing sessions, and it appears it does. So, before I buy, my question is, once I tell EaseUS to recover the files, I have to put them on a different drive. But, once that's done, I will want to bring them all back to my regular PT Session Drive. How do I best do that? I don't want to open sessions and constantly be dealing with having to relink audio or can't find audio and all that rot. If I remember right, its about 11-12 gigs or so I need to recover. Best way to transfer the recovered files back to my session drive? Thanks.