View Single Post
Old 10-14-2019, 03:57 PM

Default Re: PT 12 availability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
What exact iMac is this EMC or model number please...

>>> Model Identifier: iMac7,1

El Crapirain is a bit very unliked release by many of us.

>>> I can see why, PT 10 / 11 isn't compatible, and one has to upgrade to PT 2018.

Why did you upgrade/what problem are you trying to solve?

>>> None, other than the fact my system is old, browsers aren't supported, I can't run any of the Line6 Helix software, etc...

A core 2 Duo may be underpowered for your needs... it’s certainly under-minimum spec for any modern version of Pro Tools.

>>> Perhaps you are correct. Seems to work fine at Lion and PT10, no issues through the years.

4GB really is not enough to run Pro Tools 111/12 or later.

>>> I agree 100%. Other World Computing states an old mid-2007 iMac can be upgraded from 4GiB to 6GiB of RAM with a (4+2) pack. I had intended on upgrading the RAM if all played nicely. Few years back I put in a 480GiB SSD drive and that works very well.

What Exact Pro Tools license do you have. You can purchase perpetual upgrades that get you 10/11/current releases tgat will also run 12, and if you have a license for 12 and ask nicely Avid will deposit 12 downloads in your aaccount if they are not out there automatically.

>>> I started on PT 7, and did upgrades from there. I purchased an upgrade for PT 9, which then got me to PT 10. That's it, I have no more licenses.

Rolling back to a backup may be the best option.
>>>> I did, thank goodness for Time Machine and my WD MyCloud! :) Everything is back working again on Lion & PT 10.
64 GB 2667 MHz DDR 4
Internal 2TiB SSD
Pro Tools 2024.3
EuCon 4.8.6.41 / 2023.11
UA Luna
UAD 11
UA Apollo Twin X
Avid S1 / Fire10 - 21.8.1.0
PreSonus DigiMax FS 8-input ADAT
Dynaudio Monitors
PreSonus Temblor 10 Sub

Check my Music out here: