View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 11:40 PM

Default Re: 2019.5 is here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the19thbear View Post
Noise, press down N while launching pt. It will then let you select playback device. Happens sometimes.
No need to reinstall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks - I did actually try that but it was still getting stuck. A reinstall didn’t help, and trashing prefs actually made things worse, it wouldn’t scan the plugins without crashing. I then remembered I’d already encountered exactly this once last year, essentially a total system collapse out of the blue. The solution then was to reinstall then remove all plugins, then close and put them back in. It’s pretty convoluted. I’m going to try one other possible shortcut.

Will likely start a new thread on this for future forum searchers once I’m out the other side, it’s a really vicious little “feature” that a perfectly fine and stable rig can one day fall apart before your very eyes, and all the obvious steps to take actually appears to make you sink deeper into the quicksand. I well remember that feeling last year with a pressing deadline bearing down on me.

EDIT - resolved, new thread here regarding this issue http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?p...26#post2526126 . Worth making the point that this isn't a specific 2019.5 issue, it's common to multiple versions of Pro Tools.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM

Last edited by noiseboyuk; 05-17-2019 at 01:29 AM.