View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 09:41 PM

Default Re: Feature Request: Faster ways to Assign tracks to Layouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzi45Z View Post
I would love to see modifier keys added to help us create Layouts much faster in the Assign window.

For example:
1) Holding down Option while changing one of the assignments will change them all to the selection. This would be helpful in the case that I want start with a layout of all <blank strips>. Or if I want to have the selections start from a place on the list of the tracks that are much closer to the tracks I want to assign. Or if I want to reset back to all <auto assigned>

2) If we can select multiple strips, then Shift-Option-Command- Would be awesome for assigning a bunch of strips to contiguous tracks in a section.

3) Options like, "create a layout from selected tracks" or "create a layout from group". Which would create a layout with the grouped tracks for the first 16 tracks in the group or selection... or possibly even allow you to bank through tracks within that layout that was created from a selection or group.

- Other options could be "create a layout of all VCA's (I know we have the VCA spill options, but I would also like to get to this easily with layouts). Or "Create a layout of all <track type>".

I LOVE the layouts feature, but I can rarely use them because of how long it takes to set these up. I would love to see more features that help us create these much faster than tediously clicking on each strip assignment and scrolling to find the track.
+100%