View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 04:38 PM

Default Re: What is up with AIR these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
After paying over $750 to get PTIEP1 to IEP2 and now a few upgrade dollars we are soooo done with their weird useless upgrading and updating system!! F’s everything up and the sloooooow and sometimes non existent support we moved on to bigger and better sounding VI as not only does these VI sound like 6-8 years ago, they haven’t updated any of them in 5 years so the same booring sounds we got then is whats on tap today! No Bueno

I can’t understand why anyone would use Strike or Structure these days as one sounds like ... well BAD and the other OLD and featureless!

The rest like LOOM and ”whateveryournamesare” are CPU crazy and again, old sounding and booring presets. Nothing that sets any kind of emotion going when starting on a new song.

I wouldn't go that far, Christopher. Like most VI's, any of these can have the "right" sound for a specific project. There are many fine patches to be had out of Hybrid, Vacuum Pro and even Structure, depending on what you need. Transfuser is still very useful for creating great rhythms and all kinds of vocal fx. I find it very easy to use and still able to generate many useful ideas from it. But all that aside, that doesn't help AIR get their customer service act together. As you said about their upgrade system, it is impossible and difficult. And now that they seem to have just gone into hiding...you gotta wonder.

I'll continue using Transfuser, Structure, Hybrid, Vacuum Pro and once in a while, Xpand2...at least for now. But, if they don't start coming out with some new upgrades and deal with the many things we've asked for over the past few years, then I'll be drifting away from using them more and more.