View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 04:39 AM

Default Re: DIY Plate Reverb for less than $100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
This is the funniest and maybe coolest build I have ever seen ...

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/pro...for-around-100

One wonder what goes on inside the mind of a guy like this

Oh .. I have a IKEA shelf .. lets turn it into a Plate Reverb for a hundred bucks instead of buying one for $7.500 - $10.000 ..

I love it and Emailed him to say Thank You for giving me a Holiday Project. Live 15 mins from IKEA and 20 mins from ELFA Electronics where they sell every part for electronics builds in the world.

I will setup a HD Timelapse camera for this one and post it here before new years hehe

Wish me luck !!!

We have the Bricasti M7 and a real outboard 480L with remote working aswell as 3 Lexicon high end outboard verbs so this will be a welcomed addition.

This is gonna be a ball

Let me know if anyone who doesn't live next to these type of giant stores and I can get you the parts needed and send them asap. Only shipping cost which would be a minimal cost if you can get a similar shelf in your area as,any type of shelf will do as long as it has the same feature with dual shelfs.
Christopher:
I tried the links on the PTE page for Electrokit and none of them work. In fact if I Google Electrokit the links that come up don't work either. Got a remedy? If I knew exactly what the parts are (specs) I could probably come up with something from Newark or Mouser (and I don't mean my cat either )

As to the Ikea shelving there's one just up the NJ Turnpike near Newark. Actually I might not even have to go that far as I think I could find something in either Home Depot or Lowe's.

QAPLA!