View Single Post
Old 09-05-2019, 04:24 AM

Default Re: Best Cd burning Software in Mojave?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLakis View Post
Yeah, I haven't been impressed. Very buggy program, "recent projects" list doesn't populate, doesn't maximize on double-click, clunky managing of cross-fades, no backwards compatibility just to name a few.

Wavelab looks nice, but it requires a separate dongle?
Wavelab Pro requires a separate key; Elements doesn't as it can use software authorization.

Stefano concentrated more on making the program look like Logic that he forgot basic functionality. The backwards functionality went away when he made things consolidated so you no longer had separate files like you did in Version 4. And if you look at your disk space and look at the session file DSPQ 5 creates especially if you're doing a whole cd you'll see it duplicates the audio files. So you now have two copies of the audio files whereas in DSPQ 4 it only referenced the original files.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emodespacher View Post
pls look at HOFA CD Burner. the design is rather special but workes great. all professional functions there and all own external plugins for use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The version that hosts third party plugins is CD Burner Pro and that only allows vst3 format plugins. And is more expensive than Wavelab Elements at 139.9 euros and $154.58 US (both are intro prices). Something the HOFA program does that I think is neat is you can automate plugin parameters.

One limitation with Wavelab Elements is you can only have two fx slots per cd track but the easy way around that is to use Blue Cat Patchwork although I haven't specifically tried that. I do all my cd burning work now in Elements; went and tried DSPQ 5 again (I own it as an upgrade from DSPQ 4) just to see if maybe I was mistaken in my usage - nope.

QAPLA!