View Single Post
Old 07-07-2006, 04:42 PM

Default Re: Did I get charged too much???

Quote:

But if its an expensive hobbie. Your move might have been the most stupiediest move in your part. No offense. But i would kick myself in the butt too if I made the same mistake without realizing it
Why's it a stupid move? I went out and bought mbox 1 for my expensive hobby because it's my passion. God damn it, did the world forget music's not supposed to be about money? I haven't made a penny to myself, and since buying the mbox, the only income that ANYONE has gotten through me because of it is the Cancer society, as I donated my time to help some Silent Auction Bidder learn the basics and some advanced stuff about Pro Tools. That's up to $35, and will be a closed bid tomorrow.

So, an mbox that cost me roughly $700 (plus a full upgrade to Mac OS X Panther...) has only made $35 in the years I've used it, and I use it often still.

So why is buying something you want stupid? The only reason it might be stupid is he/she didn't shop around. Or maybe it's not their passion to work on music. If it's no fun AND you're not making money, then fine, that sucks. But if you just love it, LOVE IT. You buy paints for painting, you buy books for sketching, so you just have an expensive hobby. It doesn't need to be much more expensive than what you've got.