View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 12:13 PM

Default Re: Pro tools ilok cloud

Well that was an interesting experiment. I have a second non-HD license, and I thought I'd try it in the Cloud to see what happens when the internet is lost. Deactiviated it from the iLok, then started a Cloud session in iLok Manager, and then launched PT. All went very smoothly.

Then I switched off the wifi. For the first few minutes, all carried on perfectly well, then iLok manager flashed up a warning that there was a problem with the iCloud session. PT however carried on ok for a few more minutes, and then said I needed to plug in an iLok with a license in the next 5 minutes or PT would quit. It offered me the option to save where I was which I tried to do, but then PT crashed.

So what I'm taking from this so far is that I absolutely don't want to rely on it for my main rig. If and when the internet goes, the session ultimately goes, and it may well not be graceful. Likewise I wouldn't trust it on the road. However, it might be quite handy for secondary non-critical machine chores in a stable environment.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM